Summer calls for cocktails, whether sipping by the pool for a happy hour at home or for a party you’re hosting. Serve in retro or retro-inspired barware for a fresh take the cocktail, a mid century staple! Here’s a roundup of fresh summer cocktail recipes from around the web.
Chili Lime Margarita
Prep time: 10 minutes
– 4 oz. silver tequila
– 2 oz. lime juice
– 1 tsp of agave syrup (or to taste)
– 4 fresh mint leaves
– 3-4 chili pepper slices
– 1 tsp of Simply Organic’s Chili Lime Seasoning
– Ice cubes
– Lime wedge for the rim
- Rub the rim of a glass with the lime wedge.
- Place the chili lime seasoning in a small dish and dip the rim of the glass to coat lightly.
- In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, add ice cubes, tequila, lime juice, agave syrup, mint leaves, and chili pepper slices. Shake vigorously for about a minute — strain into the prepared glasses filled with ice.
0.5OZ orange Liqueur (Triple sec)
.75 OZ Hibiscus Syrup
0.5 OZ fresh lime Juice
Combine all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously. Then strain its contents into a couple glass and garnish with lime and a hibiscus flower.
1.5 OZ Tequila
0.75 orange liqueur (triple sec)
1 OZ fresh grapefruit juice.
Combine all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously. Then strain its contents into a rocks glass with ice and serve with a slice of grapefruit.
1.75oz Zachlawi Dry Arak
0.25oz Omhpiko Mastiha liquor
2oz Fresh homemade watermelon juice
Zaatar salt rim
1. Mix equal amounts of zaatar and salt in a shallow bowl
2. Rub a watermelon cube around half the rim of a tall glass. Dip one side of the watermelon cube in the zaatar mix. Leave watermelon cube to the side.
3. Combine Arak, Mastiha liquor, watermelon juice, lime juice and a cup of ice in a shaker. Shake vigorously
4. Strain over fresh ice into glass
5. Garnish with a cucumber strip, fresh mint and the watermelon cube