Summer calls for cocktails, whether sipping by the pool for a happy hour at home or for a party you’re hosting. Serve in retro or retro-inspired barware for a fresh take the cocktail, a mid century staple! Here’s a roundup of fresh summer cocktail recipes from around the web.
Chili Lime Margarita
Prep time: 10 minutes
– 4 oz. silver tequila
– 2 oz. lime juice
– 1 tsp of agave syrup (or to taste)
– 4 fresh mint leaves
– 3-4 chili pepper slices
– 1 tsp of Simply Organic’s Chili Lime Seasoning
– Ice cubes
– Lime wedge for the rim
- Rub the rim of a glass with the lime wedge.
- Place the chili lime seasoning in a small dish and dip the rim of the glass to coat lightly.
- In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, add ice cubes, tequila, lime juice, agave syrup, mint leaves, and chili pepper slices. Shake vigorously for about a minute — strain into the prepared glasses filled with ice.
0.5OZ orange Liqueur (Triple sec)
.75 OZ Hibiscus Syrup
0.5 OZ fresh lime Juice
Combine all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously. Then strain its contents into a couple glass and garnish with lime and a hibiscus flower.
1.5 OZ Tequila
0.75 orange liqueur (triple sec)
1 OZ fresh grapefruit juice.
Combine all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously. Then strain its contents into a rocks glass with ice and serve with a slice of grapefruit.
1.75oz Zachlawi Dry Arak
0.25oz Omhpiko Mastiha liquor
2oz Fresh homemade watermelon juice
Zaatar salt rim
1. Mix equal amounts of zaatar and salt in a shallow bowl
2. Rub a watermelon cube around half the rim of a tall glass. Dip one side of the watermelon cube in the zaatar mix. Leave watermelon cube to the side.
3. Combine Arak, Mastiha liquor, watermelon juice, lime juice and a cup of ice in a shaker. Shake vigorously
4. Strain over fresh ice into glass
5. Garnish with a cucumber strip, fresh mint and the watermelon cube
Looking for more summer cocktails or more retro-friendly recipes in general? Find Mod Cocktails With Simple Ingredients and Here’s The Recipe for Disneyland’s Famous Dole Whip. For more ideas on welcoming summer in MCM style, don’t miss our summer issue! Pre-order you copy here!
And of course, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for more Atomic Ranch articles and ideas!